Add Zwave Lock

I just purchased a Kwickset Signature series zwave deadbolt off of Woot. It works fine, and it easily connected to Samsung Smarthome and Alexa then added it and it can be controlled by both the Samsung app and Alexa devices. When I attempt to add this lock (manually) to Ring, I get nothing. The Woot reviews show that some users were successful. Any ideas?

Hi @ElmerFudd. First, you’ll want to make sure that the smart lock you purchased is compatible with the Ring Alarm system, which you can check in our Help Center Article here. After making sure it is compatible, you’ll need to reset it since it was previously set up with another system. For that, you’ll want to contact our support team so they can guide you through this process step by step. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the quick reply. I deleted the lock from the Smarthome App by reseting the lock to factory, and I was then able to add the lock to Ring. Odd that it can only talk to one hub, but hey, what do I know about zwave.

Now, with smarthome, I could lock the lock at a certain time each night. Apparently that’s not a thing in the Ring/Alexa universe. Am I wrong? Regardless, I did suppose that you could have the lock lock automatically when you set the alarm in home mode. Is there such a mode? If so I can’t figure it out. It seems like there should be such a setting.

@ElmerFudd I’m glad to hear you were able to get it up and running. There is currently not a feature that allows the smart lock to automatically lock at a certain time within the Ring system. However, you can arm and disarm the Ring Alarm system via the smart lock. You can read more about this feature in our Help Center Article here. Hopefully this answers your questions! :slight_smile: