Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
B
Activating device message
ios
Doorbell, 2nd generation. Been working ok for 6 months. Got a ring on the doorbell, but when I try to go to live view it says “activating device” My home network, WiFi, upload speed etc is good. Any ideas plz ? Thanks, John

11-01-2021 07:00:28

Responses (3)

T
Hi @Britishbiker. There are a few variables that affect Live View performance. One variable is the RSSI of the device. You can find the RSSI for you device in the Device Health tile of your Ring app. This Community post [here](https://community.ring.com/t/how-it-works-your-ring-device-rssi-good-vs-poor/229) has great information on RSSI and how it correlates to your Live View. Also, this post [here](https://community.ring.com/t/live-view-not-activating-and-connecting-troubleshooting-tips/249) has some tips and tricks for troubleshooting Live View. This information should get you on the right path!

13-01-2021 09:47:54

C
You might try downloading the 'rapid ring' app. I can't explain why but it seems like when one app doesn't work, the other does. I suspect your device is in a deep sleep and needs a good wake up call. After speaking with a ring support engineer, my new buzz-word is latency.

13-01-2021 10:00:55

J
I had to open/allow ports on my router. I opened tcp ports 15063 - 15064, and live view started working again. Log into your router as admin, and look for firewall or port settings. My router port settings are found under port triggers.

14-01-2021 04:11:50

C
It is good that your device is working for you - but unless you are installing for the first time, or are using a new/different router ... if live view ever worked and now it is not, it has nothing to do with the ports. I don't think ring has changed the ports they are using recently...

14-01-2021 04:26:49

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User