A “flash” of light appears at the start of each motion recording

Hi. Have had my new doorbell 2 for approx 1 week. Re the above header - by the time the video clip has “settled down” it is impossible to view the persons face etc, as they have either turned around or enterred the house. Not an issue at all for household members, but as and when any bad guys appear, it will be pretty useless, unless i can fix this - any ideas?

Hi @Mudlark63! This sounds to be either light adjustment, or potentially initial video connection. If your Video Doorbell is placed in a dark area, or even in a way that is directly facing the sun, this can certainly cause the lens to need to adjust at the start of a video.

Video concerns are often related to wifi connection. If lighting does not look to be a concern here, I recommend checking your wifi signal strength to ensure there is no interference that might be causing this. Check out our Community post about RSSI for tips on optimizing this connection. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

I have the same problem. I read your response and fortunately I have a healthy internet connection and the video lens also does not face the sun but I still see a big flash. Do you have any other tips I could try?

Hey @biz. Could you show us what this looks like on video?

Hi my doorbell also done something simliar not regular had ring 2 doorbell for approx 7 weeks first time its done this. If its someone taking a picture ring did not detect anyone coming up my pathway

Any ideas whats going on or have i had a creeper which ring did not detect !

Hi @user73589. This is normal, and it is not someone taking a picture of your Ring device. It is a night vision filter activating within the Doorbell, which can at times activate during the middle of a recording.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.