5 Second recording gap

I have wired Stick up Cam elite. On occasion I get a missing piece of recording for 5-6 seconds. I have switched from direct Ethernet, chime pro and regular wired. RSSI was always around 50 -60 and using Eero Pro 6 but even direct to Ethernet I will get the lag on occasion. There is also a gap where a car left a parking spot which recorded but when it returned 20 minutes later it did not record. I do have snapshot feature enabled every 3 minutes. I am concerned my camera may be compromised. It always seem to occur in lower left of camera view. Camera is looking thru glass with indicator light covered by black electrical tape so blue light is not visible. Can any techs advise on why this is happening. Thanks. Here is a video showing problem

Hi there, @Jackietools! Thank you for the video example, it does look like there is a couple seconds of freezing. This is often due to wifi variables, in which I recommend keeping the device connected to ethernet. It’s always good to confirm in your device health that your Camera is indeed using the ethernet as it’s connection. At Ring, we value your security and your privacy. For this reason, we have implemented various features to keep your Ring account safe. Check out our Community post about account security for more information! :slight_smile:

As I stated it has been connected to the Chime Pro, my WiFi or direct to my internet. Same problem. Restarted and hard restarted, removed from account and added back and same results. What you suggest is not a solution. I was connected to internet direct last night and I have many examples from last night where it did the same skip. This is a generic reply. I stated in my previous post device health was always between 50-60. I own 3 Ring devices myself and install them for people as a side job. I previously had problems with a Ring Doorbell II and after conferring with support about problem with that was given a replacement Doorbell III. Now even though that is hardwired the battery drops everyday. The doorbell II always stayed at 100 percent (yes with same activity and thru the winter). Again I am dissatisfied with this response and Ring products in general and would appreciate a one on one with support as I had for my doorbell problem. ThankYou

Hi there, @Jackietools! You’ve reached the Ring Community, a neighbor to neighbor public forum. While there are neighbors and Community team members here to offer guidance and suggestions, the support team does not monitor this platform. As you mentioned having already reached out to our support team with this concern, the best solution will certainly come from them. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.