5.52.0 badges count not working

5.52.0 Here we go again. Same problem as when you released 5.48.0. Badge counts not working.

1 Like

Confirmed, they’ve screwed it up again. How difficult is it for the developers to test before release?
I noticed the problem immediately. Now I’m back to using expletives every time I use this miserable program.
If I made as many mistakes as Ring developers do during most software updates, I wouldn’t have a job… This is very frustrating, inexcusable!

1 Like

I ended up flattening my iPhone and iPad and reinstalling from an iCloud backup that was saved before the update to Ring version 5.52.0. This wasted at least one hour of my day. I was unable to use the Ring app on either device since the update to this current version.

I will no longer install new Ring updates, until waiting to see what new bugs are introduced, since the developers continue to release broken builds.

1 Like

I’m not seeing this issue so far, but I’ll keep an eye on it. The badge counts seem to be accurate for all of my devices.

3 Likes

Hi neighbors. If you could share some screenshots of exactly where this is happening as well as your phone type and phone OS, I can pass this feedback along to my team to look into. Thanks, neighbors.

1 Like

Mike55 -

If you wait to install Ring updates… how will I know if it is seems safe to install a particular Ring update?

I (reluctantly) installed Ring app version 5.52.0 on an iPadOS device.

Interestingly, the following features seemed to work, albeit, with a delay – when a Ring video clip was created due to motion detection (rather than Live View):

• Red number badges on Camera Previews on the Ring app Dashboard. (Note: In the past, a Ring employee may have referred to these badges as “event bubbles”.)
  • Updated count on the History tile (shortcut) on the Ring app Dashboard.

Sadly, I know that the Ring app problems mentioned by other posters may suddenly occur even if I don’t update the Ring app again.

By checking this forum…

I have no screenshots as I reverted back to build 5.51.0 Using iPhone XR, iOS 15.5 and iPad Pro 11, iOS 15.5

FYI version 5.52.1 was released yesterday. Not sure what this update fixes.

1 Like

I have installed 5.52.1 and STILL have the problem with badge counts. I have 2 separate addresses I monitor and this appears to be a problem. If I view “all cameras” on the dashboard, the overall “History” tab at the top of the screen is accurate but the individual badges are NOT present. if I switch the dashboard view to one of the specific addresses then the badge count appears or while on the “all cameras” if I tap on a specific camera then go back to the dashboard then all the badges will refresh with the correct count.

1 Like

Another point of frustration regarding releases; always the same statement:
“Enjoy a fresh new Ring app update, including bug fixes and improvements”
Never a statement as to what is new or fixed. I’m sticking with 5.51.0. It too has certain bugs, although I know what they are and have workarounds for them.

Ring developers have lost my trust.

1 Like

I agree with you there; release notes for each update would be beneficial. I understand that some of the updates are truly bug fixes and improvements, but if they add new features it’d be nice to know that as well. Usually I just scour the app after each update to see what changes I can find.

2 Likes

Mike55 -

Other software developers seemed to have figured out how to communicate the reasons for each update in a concise, well-organized, easy-to-understand manner. Why not Ring?

The software developers that do the best job typically provide such information in multiple locations (such as in the app store and on their company’s website). Most changes are often nicely summarized in a single sentence per change. Thus, users are able to quickly and easily determine which bug fixes, enhancements, and new features that are included in each update.

Think of how useful it would be if Ring utilized such strategies.

1 Like

pdeethardt -

Think of all the (unnecessary) time that is wasted by users every time there is a new Ring app update.

1 Like