33 1/3% of StickUp Cams are Perfect :)

Hello Ring Community!

I have 3 Stick Up Cams

(2 Outside / 1 Inside)

1 out of the 3 are perfect (Frontyard) as far as the output I’m receiving with the video.

However, the other 2 are quite lacking (Backyard / Inside).

I’ve done the usual steps as far as ensuring the Device Health is satisfactory with the Wifi, and reset them just in case so they needed to update the software.

Are there any other things I can try? The one is just extremely fuzzy and the other is blurry. Are there any tricks I need to know to get a clearer video / live view? Because right now the one in the back / inside are pretty worthless if the captured images aren’t crystal clear.

Kind Regards,

Eva

Hey there, @EvaB! It is quite unusual to hear that with these video concerns, it is an outside Camera that is operating best, rather than the indoor one. The next thing to check here is which network, or band frequency, your Cameras are connected to. For instance, your “FrontYard” Camera might be connected to your 2.4 Ghz wifi while the Camera inside of your home is connected to the 5 Ghz network. I recommend the 2.4 Ghz frequency as it travels more efficiently over distance and through interferences.

With wifi signal being sufficient in the Device Health for each Camera, it is likely that there is not a distance concern here. It always good to consider anything else that might be between your router and the devices in question, such as other electronics, metal objects, multiple walls, or even appliances. I hope this helps! :slight_smile: