3 months for Replacement Part

Hi i was promised a replacement Corner kit for my Video Doorbell (2nd Gen) back in early January, i have spoken to 4 different Customer service reps and they have all re-raised the order and sent confirmation emails but then nothing, still waiting… Surely its not that hard to get it ordered and sent here? Please assist as tired of phoning your helpline for nothing to happen.

Sorry to hear about this, @MT. You’ve reached the Ring Community, a public neighbor to neighbor forum. While there are Ring Community team members and neighbors here to offer assistance and recommendation, our support team does not monitor this platform.

For any specific account related matters, or for more in-depth assistance, reaching out to our support team is best. As you mentioned handling this with our team prior, I recommend checking your email for any correspondence regarding this. If you have not received any follow up, or the order by now, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.