3 Beeps On Alarm Base Every Night?

I have had my Ring home security system for several years and it works great. I added a battery powered stick up cam, and now my home security alarm base unit inside the house beeps 3 times (loud) at 02:20 every morning. Any idea what might be causing this and how to stop it?

Hi there, @mdavis1702! This is certainly an odd concern to hear about. As you mentioned this only starting with the addition of your Stick Up Cam, please ensure these devices are not close together, or too close to other electronics. Not that it should matter, but there could be some interference depending on devices nearby, and it will rule out something else possibly making the beeping noise. The next best step will be to check your exit/ entry delays, modes settings, and Base Station/ Keypad chirp and volume settings. Checking these settings can help to determine if an event is causing this. Considering any linked devices can also help, depending on the Alarm devices you have. I recommend also checking the Ring app event history to see if anything is occurring around this time, when the beeping occurs.

While there are various Alarm sounds, modes, and events, the nature of the beeping sound itself is unusual. If you have a smoke/ co device please ensure it is properly setup, as the only time a 3 beep pattern occurs with the Alarm is when provisioning a device like the smoke/ co Listener. Feel free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the tips/advice - I will let you know how it goes…

1 Like

Hello. I recently installed the ring alarm to my home. Since then, there is a chirp or beep after 2 am as well. My dog looses her mind and freaks out. I have tried all above changes, and it made the noise again last night. This is unacceptable. Thoughts?

Hi @Rlaviol911, happy to chime in here! If you looked through Marley’s reply and can’t find what may be causing this beeping sound, I’d recommend reaching out to our support team so they can investigate this with you more in-depth. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile: