3 Alarm Questions

A few alarm-based questions. I haven’t signed up for professional monitoring yet.

Will the siren eventually stop on its own (like 20mins or so) or does it require someone to disarm it? I can’t have my phone on while at my business & I don’t have anyone that lives near me to be an emergency contact to get to my house quickly.

Can I cancel emergency services by disarming the alarm if I accidentally press one of the 3 emergency buttons on the 2nd gen keypad? I love the addition of those 3 emergency service buttons, but worry about pressing them by accident.

Can the motion detector be set to ‘give time to disarm’ like door sensors can before activating the siren?

#1 I think they said it stopped after 30 minutes. Some just asked that question but I cant find it

#2 No Clue, I have Gen1

#3 nope

Hey neighbors! @PapaLanc Thank you for stepping in and answering some of the questions here. @Queesh I’ll gladly clear things up regarding your questions here. For clarity’s sake, I’ll list out the answers below.

1. The Base Station’s siren will automatically expire after 10 minutes. The system will show as arming within your Ring App until you disarm it, however, the siren stops after 10 minutes.

2. For this, you will be contacted by the monitoring center first so you can advise that help is not needed. You can reference this Help Center Article here, which will detail each process we have for receiving a call from the monitoring center so you know what to expect.

3. You actually can set a Motion Detector’s placement to Entryway, which will give it the same Entry/Exit Delay that your Contact Sensors have. Simply navigate to the Motion Detector in the Ring App and tap the gear icon in the top right corner. You’ll then want to adjust the placement to Entryway.

I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

1 Like

#3 My bad. I learned something. I knew it was there for sensors, just did not look there for motion.

Thanks for clearing that up.

1 Like