2nd Generation Keypad

I just replaced my two Ring Alarm Keypads with your 2nd Generation keypads. They are working fine but I have a question regarding constant USB Power: There are no lights on the keypads when plugged into USB Power like the 1st Generation keypads where the battery light stayed on solid – so, how do I know if the USB connection is working? I just want to confirm the new design. If that’s the way it is I would like to make a recommendation:

WHEN THE 2ND GENERATION KEYPAD IS PLUGGED INTO USB POWER EITHER THERE SHOULD BE AN INDICATOR POWER LIGHT ON THE KEYPAD AND/OR THE ALARM APP SHOULD INDICATED A “WIRED CONNECTION” LIKE YOU RING DOORBELL 2.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, @rallengreen! The Keypad 2nd Gen will display a light when in need of a charge (Yellow, Red) and will also blink green when charging. When there is sufficient battery level, this light will not illuminate. Feel free to check out our Keypad help center article for more details on it’s features. I hope this helps!

If you are still looking for additional features with this, you are more than welcome to share this request on our Feature Request Board. This way other neighbors can share their interest in one place, that we can organize and share with our teams here. :slight_smile:

WHEN THE 2ND GENERATION KEYPAD IS PLUGGED INTO USB POWER THE BATTERY LIGHT AND ALARM MODE LIGHT SHOULD STAY ON LIKE THE 1st GENERATION KEYPAD!

My 2nd Generation Keypads are MISSING PRIOR MODEL FEATURES which I think are very necessary!

I must have a prototype 2nd Gen keypad. I get the yellow and red battery light indications but no green when charging. Instead, my keypad has a small green light on the back of the keypad while charging. After the keypad is fully charged, that green light goes off. Anybody else have this keypad?