Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
J
2nd generation doorbell rings randomly for no reason
hardwired-video-doorbell
troubleshooting

I bought my elderly parents a second generation Ring doorbell which rings randomly throughout the night, even though no one is pushing the button. Wasted hours of time with Ring support - adjusted motion sensors but still it rings for no reason. It’s a piece of junk. Does anyone have a solve? You have to love that Ring provides a tech community for us to solve problems around their clunky technology rather than solving them for us.

14-01-2024 05:49:57

Responses (1)

J

Hi @JohnBoy2024. To clarify, when you say your Doorbell rings randomly throughout the night, are you referring to its motion detection or does it ring like someone pressed the button on your Doorbell?

15-01-2024 07:30:14

U

If it’s like mine, the chime in the house randomly rings but no one or nothing is outside at the ring doorbell camera device. After checking the video, nothing is there. This never happened until the ring doorbell was installed. I don’t mind replacing the indoor chime but if there is not a relatively easy fix, this thing has to go.

03-02-2024 03:22:08

C

Hi @user75879. If you haven’t done so already, I’d suggest checking over the doorbell circuit wiring to make sure everything looks good. A loose or fraying wire might be the cause for the random rings from the chime kit. I’d also suggest checking that the transformer is in good shape. If this issue continues to happen, feel free to reach out to our support team at one of the numbers available here for further assistance.

06-02-2024 09:25:09

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User