2020 doorbell bricked

My doorbell that I got Christmas 2020 randomly stopped working the other day, literally a week or 2 after the warranty expired.
I recharged it thinking that was the obvious solution, but it never came back on, so I tried tried to reset it, and still nothing.
I’ve reset my modem, and have tried reconnecting the doorbell multiple times, but it won’t light up when I press the orange button while setting it up.
Has anyone else experienced this and have any tips on how to fix it.

On another note, we have an older model that worked for years, it’s a shame the quality isn’t there anymore. I would use the old one, but the mounting plate it broken. If I can’t get this fixed, I can’t see myself sticking with this product, honestly.

Hi @Nizmo. Make sure the charge the Doorbell for at least 8 hours using the charging cable provided in a standard power outlet. After that, you can perform a full reset by holding down the setup button for at least 20 seconds. Once this full reset is done, try setting the Doorbell up in the Ring App again using the steps under Set Up a Device. If this doesn’t do the trick, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here so they can take a more in-depth look and ensure all applicable troubleshooting is done. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.