2 way audio unusable

I have 4 cameras;

3 indoor cams, and 1 stick up cam (3rd gen)…the indoor cams are about 3 months old, the stick up cam I received today.

All are connected to the same wifi, and of all, the stick up cam has the lowest wifi coverage.

All 3 of the indoor cams are totally useless for trying to speak through, the audio is choppy and cuts out nearly all the words you speak. The stick up cam is totally perfect.

It is not my wifi or internet as both are high speed, and in fact, as I said earlier, the stick up cam is the one with the “worst” coverage. I have deleted and factory reset the indoor cams to no improvement.

It would seem to be a software issue to me, but its an important feature I need and currently its totally unusable.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi @qfina. What is the RSSI for the devices experiencing the poor audio? Even with a powerful internet service, things like wifi interference could be detrimental to video/audio quality. This Help Center article here has some tips and tricks for adjusting your router to mitigate some of these concerns.

Hi Tom,

The 3 cameras with unusable audio are :

The new camera (stick up cam), that has perfect audio, is on terrible wifi:

I am a CCNA and have the wifi and router set up to optimum settings. I have moved the 3 indoor cams to various locations and audio is always horrific, and the brand new out the box stick up cam works flawlessly even on the edge of my wifi coverage.

Hi @qfina. Thanks for following up with me. The RSSI for those devices is great. Since adjusting your router didn’t seem to improve the audio quality, I suggest reaching out to our support team to investigate this further.

Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.