2 Way Audio not working

Have 3rd generation Ring Stick Up Cam Battery. My audio is fine when I talk into my phone. I can hear myself on the cam. My problem is I cannot hear anything on my phone from the cam. Its not volume on the phone. Tried uninstalling app again and reinstalling. Still the same. Anyone got any ideas?

Do you have the applicable permissions turned on for your phone app?

Yes. I enabled all settings at start up

How do i check this has actually been done?

On my Android phone I can go to the Ring App, hold click until menu pops up and select App Info.
Then I select App permissions and listed are any permissions you’ve granted, as well as any that are denied.
I don’t know how to do that for iPhone, but I would presume there’s somewhere to check the settings for an app.

1 Like

Good suggestions, @SolarEclipse! Audio permissions is a common factor in two way audio.

@Aidan64, as your audio is working one way, this is a good sign that your connection is sufficient. It’s always worth checking this to be sure though, and wifi signal strength can be confirmed by the RSSI in your device health.

Please also ensure there is not a VPN enabled on your mobile device. I hope this helps! :slight_smile: