2 Motion Detectors That Went Offline After Changing Batteries

Have 7 motion detectors. Changed batteries for all recently. 5 of them were successfully reintegrated into the system. 2 went offline. I have tried all published troubleshooting steps, including multiple times using the pin hole, removing the batteries, leaving the batteries in, etc. No luck. Can we just trade in these 2 non-working sensors for some that work? This is taking way too much time to troubleshoot—particularly as it relates to merely changing the batteries. Overall, I like this system, but lordy, if thsi is what I will go through every time I change batteries—not good.

Thank you.

Hi @DDJ. You’re on the Ring Community, which is a public forum where neighbors can interact with one another and share general troubleshooting tips and tricks. You’re on the right track trying the published troubleshooting steps first to see if you were able to get those two Motion Detectors working. If you haven’t already, I’d suggest trying these steps with the Motion Detectors near the Base Station with new batteries inserted. If that doesn’t work, the next step would be to follow up with our support team at one of the numbers listed here so they can determine the best solution. :slight_smile: