2 Doorbell Pro's connected to a L16 Nutone Mechinical Chime

I have purchased 2 Doorbell Pros. One for Front Door one for Back and installed them on a Nutone L16 Mechanical chime. My transformer voltage is 17.1 volts and rated at 30VA. After about a week of installation at 3 am the door bell began to start to ring about every 10 mins. No notifications on the app just the doorbell would patialy ring. ( Just the “ding” of the “ding dong” as they say) After about 2 hours of this I got up and disconnected the doorbells. It lasted about a week and started again. First of all the Nutone L16 is not listed on either of you compatibility lists so I do not know if its compatible or not. Secondly is there a fix for this issue it always seems to start when we are in bed.

I’m having the same problem. My mechanical doorbell does not have any identifying names or numbers on it, though. I have been on the phone with ring support and sent pictures of the doorbell and was assured it should be compatible. I have rebooted the devices when the problem occurs. They work fine, sometimes up to 2 weeks, but then the doorbell will begin ringing randomly. Always in the middle of the night. I’d love to hear from anyone who has figured out what causes this.

Hi @FH545. If your chime is randomly ringing without the Pro being rung, try the following steps:

If you have followed these steps and are still having the same concern, give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here for further assistance. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.