1st Gen Motion Sensor won't reset.

My first gen motion sensor seems to have a problem. It’s been fine since I installed it a year ago, but today it seems to have forgotten how to reset or return to dwell mode. I left the room I was in, and left the house. I armed the alarm and after 5 minutes, got an alert that the siren was going off. I pulled my car over and saw an alert that the motion sensor had detected motion. However, the other sensors and cameras in the house and outside detected nothing. So I disarmed the alarm, bypassed the motion sensor and rearmed the alarm. Everything was fine from that point on.

When I got home I noticed that the red banner was on the motion sensor screen. I gave it five minutes and when I went into the room, the blue light did not blick and I got no new notification on my phone letting me know of any motion. I went right up to the senor but it still did not pick up my movement. I decided to remove the device and readded it but the same problem occured when I went outside to arm the alarm. After the alarm was set, about 5 minutes later the alarm went off, saying there was motion in my room. I disarmed the alarm and the red banner was there again. I decided reset the motion detector to factory at this point, but the same problem keeps happening.

I suspect something is wrong with this motion detector since it was fine for a year and nothing has changed in that room. Ideas? I’ve bypassed this motion sensor for now.

Hi @dlai. We have a great Help Center article for troubleshooting your Motion Detector. This will have some great tips and tricks for getting it to behave normally. If this doesn’t seem to do the trick, try reaching out to our support team. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.