1st Gen Doorbell not keeping charge

Up until April 8, my first gen ring video doorbell would last 5-6 weeks on one charge. Then all of a sudden starting April 8, it’s lasting 5-7 days MAX.

What changed?

Same thing is happening to me and I can’t get anyone at Ring to answer my question.

Same with my original Ring Video Doorbell also. Few weeks ago, it started ringing the doorbell by itself without any motion detected or anyone pressing the button. Then eventually stopped but I come to find out that it was dead due to no battery power left. I have hardwired setup with 18.7V reading. I’ve since charged it via the USB port but still saying the power source is battery and the battery level percentage continues to drop as well as it would ring randomly. It’s got to be some firmware they deployed recently as I also found that the long awaited feature, which auto display the video on Echo Show is working. RING needs to fix this…it was working flawlessly (except the delay) until recently.

Still no response from Ring. I’ve invested a lot of money into their products.

Hey neighbors! As we are a neighbor to neighbor support forum and not a direct line to support, it is best to contact our support team directly to get a concern like this addressed. If your battery is not lastly more than several days, you may have a concern with the battery itself for the device or the motion activity. This is best diagnosed with our support team as the region you are in, your type of device and activity can all affect the battery itself it is different for each neighbor.

Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.