1 Spotlight is dimly lit all the time on Security Light/Ring

I have a Hard Wired Security Floodlight Cam that has worked flawlessly for several months. This evening I noticed that one of the 2 floodlights was permanently on at about 1/2 brightness. Triggering it sets both lights on to full power. I have recycled the power several times and reset the light via the RIng App but that one light stays dimly lit all the time.

I’m thinking a power surge may have fried the unit as we had a blip about 3-4 days ago and I could have easily not have noticed it has been on since then. Will a hard reset on the unit do anything different than the power/app reset?

Hi @SaltyPogue. You can try completing a full reset by holding down the setup button on the top of the Floodlight Cam for at least 20 seconds. After that’s done, set the Camera back up in the Ring app using the steps under Set Up a Device. If you still notice one of the lights stuck at half brightness, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here so they can take a deeper look. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.