1" screws in instructions NOT the right screws

Frustrated. Installed the Ring Pro to the brick - already have a hammer drill and bit, and even have a chisel to smooth out the brick so the wedge mount fits smoothly with the supplied anchors and long screws.
The instruction guide says, over and over, “DO NOT use any screws other than the 1" mounting screws when securing your Ring doorbell.” Well that’s funny; the only 1" screws look like they’re long enough they’d go through the thin mount and hit the brick, preventing them from cinching down. But, that’s what it said, so I tried it.
Sure enough, they impacted the brick and wouldn’t screw down. So I took out the 3/8" screws that look like better candidates…and they do work.
At least the top one works. The bottom hole is stripped BECAUSE THE INSTRUCTIONS SAID TO BE SURE TO USE THE 1" SCREWS.
May I gently suggest the instructions be updated to reflect this reality?

Hey neighbor, are you referencing our new Doorbell Pro 2 or the original Doorbell Pro? After reviewing the Help Center Article for the Pro 2 here, I see there is a note of “Note: DO NOT USE any screw other than the included mounting screw when securing your Ring Doorbell.” and it has specific instructions for brick. As long as you are using the 1-3/8" Long mounting screw, this should be appropriate for brick.

If you have any concerns with using the wrong screw and it being stripped, you may be able to reach out to our support team for some further help on any replacement part you may need if you’re unable to have it successfully installed now. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

@Caitlyn_Ring @shorinsean is absolutely correct in his post. I just received a new Ring Pro (not Pro 2), and the 1-inch screws are far too long to mount the camera to the bracket, as directed by the installation guide. The shorter 3/8-inch screws are the proper length. However, since I used the 1-inch screws first, they stripped the hole in the bracket, so now the 3/8-inch screws will not hold the camera to the bracket. I need Ring to replace the bracket that I stripped by following the installation guide.

Hi @drepouille. If you need spare parts for your Ring Doorbell, you can find them here. I hope this helps!

Hello,

Took forever to find this post but I followed the Pro instructions very carefully, and when you navigate to the portion of installing the bracket, the instructions reloop user to utilize the 1 inch screws to secure the doorbell to the wedge mount. The one inch screws do not fit this space.

It was very frustrating for me. I kept telling myself there is no way this will work but wanted to ensure I was following instructions closely. The doorbell dangled there like a mess (masonry installation of wedge bracket no issues).

I ultimately cut the provided one inch screws in half with wire cutters and the doorbell is now flush and secure and looks great. Ring, please take a moment to close that discrepancy in your Pro instructions.

1 Like

Just encountered the same problem. So for three years the company has been aware of this and has done nothing. I’d like to be paid for my wasted hour of time screwing it and redoing it and talking to support to get a new bracket.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.