1 of my Ring Stick Up Cams stopped showing Live View

I own 1 Ring Doorbell which always works fine. I installed two Stick Up Battery cams recently. Neither of them shows Live View in the Ring App. Both displayed Live View using Rapid Ring app for a couple of weeks. Yesterday, the one in the kitchen stopped displaying Live View in Rapid Ring. I’m on vacation and can’t get it to work. I can see all settings, status, battery strength, and RSSI strength, etc. But it will not record video or display Live View. I’ve tried to reconnect it to WiFi remotely but not having any success even though it must be connected as I can change settings. Any help appreciated.

Hi @user6588. As a quick test to see if this is network related, try connecting your Stick-Up Cam to a WiFi Hotspot. You can do this in the Device Health menu. If you are able to view Live View when connected to a WiFi hotspot, there may be some adjustments you need to make to your router.

If you are still unable to view Live View, you’ll have to reach out to our support team to run some diagnostics. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

This is a known issue that has never been solved!! Every thread like this gets marked as solved but never has!! It is a problem with the stick up camera, the firmware or the core ring app! I spent several hours on the phone with ring trouble shooting. They are sending me two new ones and I am pretty sure they will work fine for a week or so just like my current ones did. It’s time ring acknowledge this is their problem and fix it or recall these cameras and put out a product that will work. The doorbell cameras do not have this issue so I am confident they can put out a wireless camera that does….

You are one of the lucky ones for now….

1 Like

Hi @J-Dub55. Unfortunately, Live View is a concern that has many variables that can affect how it operates. Some things that can affect Live View are but not limited to: RSSI, router and network configurations, networks firewalls, phone or tablet settings and permissions, cellular reception, and even device failure. For this reason, it can seem like there are many issues with Live View. When in reality, as @SolarEclipse mentioned, Live View works for many devices.

I’m glad to hear that our support team diligently tried to get your cams to work! Sometimes, replacement is the best solution to get you up and running. If you have issues with your new cameras, feel free to create a new post for members of the community to chime in.

I’ve just recently Purchased two indoor cameras and they were working fine with live view for about 2 weeks then it stopped working. I have excellent wifi speed I’ve checked the router and all other configuration. I forgot to mention I have a ring doorbell and two spot light outdoor cameras and they have no issues