1 of 2, Video Doorbell 4 goes offline randomly

So, one of my two Video Doorbell 4 (battery) goes offline randomly.

Both units was purchased middle of December. No changes have been made on my Unifi WiFi network except the standard firmware updates for it, the Ring.com devices are all connected at the same SSID (2,4Ghz) two Doorbell 4 and one Chime 1:th Generation. I have 6-7 years of positive experience from the earlier Ring Doorbell devices however this problem is now getting very frustrated.

The problem first occur approx. 2½ months after being installed. Since than I’ve moved the device closer to the router 3-4 meters instead of 7-8 meters to ensure it’s not the WiFi coverage getting lost and I’ve now rest the unit +10 times as the unit don’t come online by waiting for it or removing and inserting the battery. Not either with a newly charged second battery.

The reset/setup process I mostly have to repeat 3-4 times before lights lines up with position where I need to choose what light pattern that is shown and these are mostly the light’s to the left and a few times it’s been to the right. When my phone is requested to join the Ring***** network it fails several times and I’m than on the same SSID (2,4Ghz) with my phone.

I have tried all the solutions in the help section. My WiFi is good and quick, battery is good, last device health report shows firmware “Up to Date”, Signal strenght: RSSI-51. Battery: 66%. But still it goes offline after few days after being reset.

What can I do about it?

1 Like

Hi @Tjenka. It seems like you have performed most of the troubleshooting steps that I would have suggested. For this concern, reach out to our support team so they can take a closer look at whats going on. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.