Ring-App

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring-app features, settings, and more.
T
Ring app Live View doesn't work with Dual Sim iPhones
ios
app-request

Hi, 

Dual sim worked on Rapid Ring app but stopped working when we were forced to use the Ring App. Surely, the developers could have worked out why it's stopped working by now considering dual sim worked with Rapid Ring.... 
Post to old thread https://community.ring.com/conversations/ring-video-doorbell/live-view-not-working-with-dual-sim/65803dce51f6e6fe78255f4c?lang=en

Come on Ring - it will soon be 3 years without a fix!

22-06-2024 08:17:09

Responses (1)

J

Hi @Techem. If you have followed the basic procedures of ensuring that your Ring app and phone are up to date, removing VPNs, and verifying that there are no issues with your mobile data and are still experiencing problems, the next best step is to contact our support team to further analyze this. Our support team will have access to more information than what is available to us in the Community, allowing them to investigate this further.

25-06-2024 06:45:09

T

Hi Justin, 

All apps/phone is up to date. I don't use VPN's and I have the same symptoms as other users. 
If I disable one sim - Ring App works fine, as soon as I re- enable the sim (2 sims active) - it stops working or the connection time is prolonged. It seems like the Ring app can't use the primary mobile data sim plan by default when 2 sims are active or it's switching between both mobile data plans and can't decide which one to use.

If I use wifi - no issues.

The Rapid Ring app worked fine with 2 sims - so the engineers should be able to find clues in the code to fix the issue after 3 years.

26-06-2024 06:15:16

T

Hi, 

I spoke to the support team. 
This didn't exist "support team will have access to more information than what is available to us in the Community,"

They didn't have any answers or escalation procedures, so it looks like the only choice is to write to the CEO.

27-06-2024 05:59:59

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

D

Danielhrch

User
Solutions