Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
W
Live View not Working with Dual Sim
troubleshooting
ios
Hi So I have my iPhone 11 Pro that has iOS 15.3.1, here in Australia I have two providers Telstra(Physical) and Vodafone (E-Sim) when I turn the second line off the live view starts working, it doesn't matter which line I disable it starts working. I have uninstalled the app and re-installed the app, reset the network settings, even restarted the phone on LTE Im getting great speeds over 100mbps. My Ring Door Bell has Great Wifi (-48 RSSI) and there's no issues with download or upload speed Doorbell is hardwired with a ring transformer Rapid Ring works ok but occasionally drop outs. ![IMG_0489.PNG|230x500](upload://5KJcKZInmw6npd2cWOgnQi3S9q9.jpeg)

12-03-2022 08:46:44

Responses (23)

M
This is a unique setup, in which there may be configurations with these plans or cellular network details that might be best explored with your cellular provider support. That being said, please ensure there is not a VPN enabled and that both plans do allow for streaming quality videos over cellular data. With the Rapid Ring somewhat working, this could be a sign of processing abilities with the mobile device and dual sim networks, in which it would make sense for the smaller Rapid Ring app to work better. Just to be sure, feel free to check in with our support team for a more in-depth look at this. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available [here](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/213608406). If you are outside of the US, please visit [here ](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-gb/articles/213608406)to see how to contact support.

14-03-2022 03:59:22

S
Same issue here; when only 1 sim active, no problem, either which sim. When both active, no live view

11-05-2022 11:53:32

F
They are not alone with this issue and it has nothing to do with the provider, as if you disable either provider and am only functioning off 1, it works fine.... Please fix this issue.

26-05-2022 06:59:07

L
I just wanted to chime in and say I'm having this exact same problem. It took me a while to figure why I couldn't live stream my cameras, but I finally figured it out and can reliably reproduce the problem. What is also interesting is that, when I have the problem, and can't stream inside the main Ring app, I CAN stream in the RapidRing app.....

31-05-2022 09:14:53

G
Same here. Works fine on Wi-Fi but as soon as you use cellular; it take a long time to load if at all. I’m glad I’m not the only one here but I wish they would fix it. The only work around is to turn off the data you aren’t using which is a pain. If anyone else has a solution please say hey :slight_smile:

09-07-2022 04:40:02

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

D

Danielhrch

User
Solutions