Ring Security Cameras

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s indoor and outdoor cameras.
D
How to turn lights off completely
Hello, During a wind night storm my floodlight kept turning on and off. Turning the lights off did not affect this process. I saw something about turning motion zones off, but do not find a way to do that - just change, add or delete zones. I suppose I could turn (and leave) them on to stop the disruption, but that seems a poor solution. I'd rather turn them completely off (maybe for a set time) during a storm? Thank you, Dan

04-01-2020 11:08:25

Responses (1)

C
You are correct - the light on/off switch in the app doesn't impact motion detection for turning on/off the light. The light motion detection and the camera motion zones are different things. Go to the Device -\> Device Settings -\> Light Settings -\> Motion Zones for Lights Tap the 3 ON blue zones to turn them OFF -\> tap SAVE Once you do that your lights will never turn on automatically from motion detection.

05-01-2020 02:31:35

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

D

Danielhrch

User
Solutions