Ring Alarm

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring Alarm and Ring Alarm Pro.
M
Ring contact sensors without base station?
contact-sensor
amazon-alexa
Hello, Is it possible to use the contact sensors with Alexa without the base station? I am not looking to use these as an intruder alarm, but rather as an immediate notification if my curious little ones open a door. We have 2 Echo show devices and many echo dots spread throughout the house. I’d like to set a routine similar to one previously set for my Ring doorbell where Alexa “announces” to all devices that “Front door (or any of my other doors) has bees opened”. Has anyone tried this or happen to know if it’s possible? Thank you in advance!

11-04-2021 05:15:30

Responses (1)

C
Hi @Manykids. You would need the Base Station in order to use any of the Ring Alarm components such as the Contact Sensors. The Ring Alarm components utilize [z-wave](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001263166-Understanding-Z-Wave-and-Mesh-Networks) to connect to the Base Station, and the Base Station uses wifi to communicate information to you via the Ring App. Without the Base Station, the alarm components have nothing to connect to. I hope that helps! :)

12-04-2021 08:50:36

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User
Solution

U

user63814

User