Ring Alarm

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring Alarm and Ring Alarm Pro.
M
Base Station Light Red, Unresponsive
I have a small business that uses the Ring security system. This morning when I opened my store, I noticed that the alarm was disarmed. The base station had a red light. It's usually blue. When I tried to reconnect it using the app, it stated that it cannot connect, check internet connection, etc. The internet has been working strong all day - now at the end of the day, the alarm base station is still red. I tried resetting it but nothing happens. I tried paring but nothing happens. It's stuck with the red light and won't do anything. I unplugged it from the wall, still a red light. I opened the battery compartment thinking I would remove the battery to try and reset it by turning it off/ on, but the battery seems to be permanently installed. I tried contacting Ring Support, sat on hold for more than 30 minutes, and no one is answering. What to do? Has anyone had these problems? It's worked flawlessly for a year and now I can't seem to get it to work.

20-12-2020 01:05:46

Responses (2)

E
The base station is the heart of the system. As stated by Ring, you shouldn't reset it without speaking with customer service. Here's their statement. " **Factory Reset your Base Station:** **Do not attempt to factory reset your Ring Alarm Base Station without guidance and support from a trained Ring Customer Support expert. Please contact Customer Support for assistance if you're having difficulty with your Ring Alarm.**"

20-12-2020 01:15:08

M
Thanks for the update and quick reply. I'll be sure to keep an eye on this thread. I am also encountering this issue. Dont know why its hapenning.

28-12-2020 04:14:32

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User