Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
T
Video Doorbell 2nd Generation not working/connecting/doing much of anything
battery-video-doorbell
cs-support
No matter what I do, my doorbell just won't respond to *anything.* I thought it was just a charging issue, since it hasn't been in use for a long while, but charging it only gives me an intermittent full flashing blue ring (as in, it flashes for a few seconds every five minutes or so). For about half an hour on Tuesday morning, and for two or so minutes Thursday afternoon (it's now Friday night), I was able to connect to the camera through the app - but as soon as it starts working, it stops again. No amount of pressing buttons, attempting resets, or playing with settings helps. I To add insult to injury, I got a "low battery" alert yesterday that says *"The battery in Front Door is at 100%, please charge it sometime soon"* :neutral_face:

10-11-2023 10:45:49

Responses (1)

C
Hi @TeniBear. First, ensure your Ring app is fully updated. Then charge the battery with the provided charging cable for 6-8 hours, in case the battery is low despite trying to charge it. The charging cable should be plugged into a standard power outlet, not a computer or laptop. After allowing the battery to try and charge, put it back in the Doorbell and reset the device by holding down the setup button for 20 seconds. Holding down the setup button for less time will not fully reset it. Once the reset is complete, walk the Doorbell through a new setup in the Ring app with the steps under Set Up a Device. If the Doorbell is still unresponsive to the setup attempt after trying the troubleshooting steps above, please follow up with our [support team](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360036196372-Contact-Us) to take a closer look at this issue. If you are outside of the US, please visit [here ](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-gb/articles/213608406)to see how to contact support.

10-11-2023 10:56:44

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User