Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
M
Using Ring to control Electric Door Lock strikes (9v)
works-with-ring
hardwired-video-doorbell
app-request
I use a Ring Video Doorbell 3, hardwired to my existing low-voltage chime. Works great. I also want to connect my Ring system to my existing low-voltage (9v) Electronic Door Lock Strike, as an accessory. I'd like to be able to Manually send a signal remotely from my Ring app to activate the existing Door Lock; this needs to be an approx 5 seconds 9v signal (ON for 5 seconds then OFF). How can I accomplish this? *(Note: I don't want the Ring Door Button or Motion activation to send the 9V 5sec signal and unlock my house without my knowing. I wish to be able to choose from the App or an accessory remote button to send a relayed 9V 5sec signal which releases the existing door latch. )* Thank you all for your suggestions, MartiniSF

22-03-2023 07:37:46

Responses (3)

C
Hi @MartiniSF. This is not a supported feature in the Ring app. Currently, you can find the smart locks that are compatible with the Ring [here](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017691131-Works-With-Ring-Locks-Compatible-With-Ring-Alarm), which are Z-Wave smart locks that can integrate with the Ring Alarm. You're welcome to add your suggestion to our [Feature Request](https://community.ring.com/c/products/24) board. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place.

22-03-2023 08:11:44

A
@MartiniSF I want to do the exact same thing. Did you figure it out? -Adam.

28-11-2023 07:12:28

S

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

28-12-2023 07:12:43

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User