Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
F
Best Practice for Charging Spare Battery
battery-video-doorbell
troubleshooting
Best Practice for Charging Spare Battery I know that with lithium batteries your charging routine can impact battery life. I have two batteries. When it's time to replace the active one, I exchange it with the spare. What's the best practice with the spare when it comes to extending its life? I can think of three possible options: 1. Leave it charging until it's needed. 2. Leave it discharged until shortly before needed and charge it then. 3. Charge it right after removal from the doorbell. Then do a "touch up" charge right before use. Thanks.

29-05-2023 06:37:50

Responses (2)

T
Hi @fssbob. I personally use method number 2 for my household. :smiley:

31-05-2023 02:10:44

F
That sounds easiest. But I've just done some reading, and universally the "experts" say it's best to store lithium batteries approximately 50% charged. Storing them at full or empty will shorten their life.

01-06-2023 05:05:11

T
Hey there @fssbob. Thank you for sharing that information. However, it will be difficult to gauge when your battery level is at 50%, as there is no way to measure this unless you insert the battery into the device.

02-06-2023 05:10:10

F
Well, most of the articles I found actually gave a pretty wide range around that. I think it mostly comes down to not being close to 100%, but also not being close to zero.

03-06-2023 05:36:39

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User