Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
U
Advice on new Ring Bell
hardwired-video-doorbell
troubleshooting

We currently have a:

All-new Ring Video Doorbell – 1080p HD video, improved motion detection, easy installation – Satin Nickel (2020 release)

Although it is attached to the doorbell wiring to my house, it is no longer charging. We have to keep unscrewing it and bringing it inside to charge via USB. I know the wiring is still hot, because the doorbell still rings in the house. After charging to full, the battery runs out after a week or so and I have to unscrew it again.  What could be going on?

If I need to replace it, I need to decide between the 

Ring Video Doorbell – 1080p HD video, improved motion detection, easy installation – Venetian Bronze (I think just the updated version of what I have) 

OR

Ring Wired Doorbell Plus (Video Doorbell Pro) – Upgraded, with added security features and a sleek design (existing doorbell wiring required)

Price is less of a consideration but I need one that I NEVER have to unmount and bring inside. Need it to charge via the doorbell wire. If there could possibly be an issue with my wiring, how would I check?

30-06-2024 01:54:25

Responses (1)

C

Hi @user_0f217f. Typically, the battery should last longer than a week. We have some troubleshooting steps for unexpected battery drain here, which I'd recommend reviewing first. Your Doorbell may be recording a lot of events, causing the battery to drain more quickly than it can be charged. The summer heat can also negatively impact the battery. 

With that in mind, a hardwired Ring Doorbell might be a better option if you never want to have to charge it. Hardwiring battery powered Doorbells can extend the amount of time between charges, but it is still powered by the battery and may need to be charged on occasion. Of your two replacement suggestions, the Wired Doorbell Plus is hardwired, and would not need to be recharged. 

01-07-2024 05:01:04

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

U

user_3c8999

User