Ring Security Cameras

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s indoor and outdoor cameras.
S
Stick up battery camera IR flash on and off?
troubleshooting
battery-security-cameras
I just received a brand new Ring Stick Up battery camera and after setting it up, it worked fine in day light but the IR kept flashing on and off in the dark. I already followed the instructions I found here to reset it by holding the orange button on the bottom for 20 seconds then reconnect to network but that didn't help. It still flashed the IR on and off in the dark. What else can I try? I'm very familiar with the Ring app and other indoor cameras as I already have the Ring alarm and other cameras set up in my home. Thanks for any suggestions and I'm willing to try all suggestions before I have to return it. Thank you! mike- PS: 1) In the dark, I saw the IR red led turn on and off (with the clicking sound) 2) Snapshot was set to 1 hour 3) in daylight it's fine. 4) RSSI was -25 5) I saw this same problem happened since 2020 until now and it didn't seem to have a solution? This must be a bug? Any solution since then?

23-11-2023 06:52:57

Responses (1)

T
Hi @spaceman001. As a test, try placing the Stick Up Cam in a box or drawer where it is completely dark and there is no possible visibility for light. Once in there, listen to hear if the IR filter still turns on/off frequently. If it is, please send us a private message on Facebook @Ring or give our support team a call at one of the numbers available [here](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/213608406#callus). If you are outside of the US, please visit [here ](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-gb/articles/213608406)to see how to contact support.

27-11-2023 04:12:07

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User