Ring Security Cameras

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s indoor and outdoor cameras.
U
Spotlight cam PRO doesn’t see 5ghz wifi
troubleshooting
battery-security-cameras
My new Spotlight Cam Pro does not see any 5ghz networks, only 2.4ghz. I bought this cam for the dual WiFi, but it doesn’t show up when selecting a WiFi network. Not even when I’m standing right next to the router. Am I missing something?

15-03-2023 07:21:58

Responses (4)

J
Hi @user39463. The Spotlight Cam Pro is compatible with 5G networks. If the Camera is not finding it, try the following steps: - Factory reset the Camera by pressing and holding the setup button for 20–25 seconds. - Try doing the setup on a different phone or tablet. Make sure to log in to the same account that the original phone is logged into. - Try connecting to any available wifi network and allow it to fail. Then, try in-app setup again. - Verify your 5G network is not setup as a hidden network. If you have tried these steps and are still having the same concern, give our support team a call at one of the numbers available [here](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/213608406) for further assistance. If you are outside of the US, please visit [here ](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-gb/articles/213608406)to see how to contact support.

16-03-2023 11:31:00

B
@user39463 Make sure your Wi-Fi bands are split on the router. Also with the outdoor cameras you will most likely find 2.4 works better anyway. It can penetrate exterior walls much more easily and Ring cameras actually don't need a lot of speed but they do need a good Wi-Fi signal.

17-03-2023 11:07:20

L
hi all, I had the same issue and tried everything. The solution: make sure your 5 ghz network is configured on a channel above 100. Otherwise it will not detect it. If needed adjust your broadband accordingly.

23-03-2023 03:28:37

S
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

22-04-2023 03:29:10

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User