Ring Security Cameras

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s indoor and outdoor cameras.
S
User Solution
Ring spotlight Cam Plus power adapter is not working
hardwired-security-cameras
troubleshooting
I placed my Ring Spotlight Can Plus above my garage. I paid a contractor to have the Ring power cord go through a wall so it looks nice. After a few days the power adapter stopped working (the camera worked with other cords/adapters). After back and forth a with Ring Customer support I received the correct replacement adapter. I had to pay to run it through the wall. Unfortunately, the same thing happened. The Camera received power for a day or so, then failed. I took the camera down and it works with other cords. I checked the power feed going into the Ring adapter. It is working. The failure again is with the Ring adapter/cord. Has anyone experienced this? I enjoy the Ring community, but I’m ready to cut my losses.

26-11-2023 08:39:42

Responses (9)

T
Hi @Sgato29. When this happens, does the Spotlight Cam register as a wired device in the Device Health section of the Ring app? Have you tried resettings the camera? You can do this by pressing and holding the setup button for 20 seconds, then releasing it.

28-11-2023 03:01:21

U
Hey Sgato29, the same has happened to mine. Supplied power adapted failed after a few days. I got a notification in the app to tell me the battery was low (my device doesn’t have a battery installed?) then it failed immediately after. Testing on a different adapter works fine, just no power coming from the Ring USB-C anymore. Support is sending me a replacement, fingers crossed this one doesn’t fail also!

29-11-2023 09:02:38

A

Had exactly the same issue; the camera was operational for less than a month. It turned out that the problem was a faulty cable adaptor, as the camera worked fine with a different cable. Currently waiting for a replacement to be delivered. Considering the timing of these posts, I’m curious if there is or was a problem with the quality/manufacturing of the adaptors themselves. Unfortunately, only Ring has access to the relevant statistics.

12-01-2024 08:17:30

C

Hi @Arti, I’m glad to hear that our support team is sending out a replacement for this.

If any other neighbors are experiencing a similar concern, and regular troubleshooting has not worked, please reach out to our support team to see if this might be the right solution for you.

12-01-2024 10:22:08

U

Hi everyone. I am having the exact same issues as the OP. Also placed mine above the garage. I also drilled through and ran the cord. Interestingly once the original cord they gave me went bad I replaced with my own UsB C cord. A few days later the same issue. Basically the camera is killing the USB’s power supplies. Works for a few days each time the no more. I know the cord is the issue because it won’t charge my new iPhone either. Cords worked fine before plugging into the Cam plus and then thereafter never work again. Ring is sending me a whole new unit and cord. Fingers crossed but I think these things just go bad in the rain or bad weather. Nothing being dunked underwater. Just rainfall. Then cord no longer works whether it was supplied by ring or one I found around the house. Need answers.

10-02-2024 12:58:39

S

@user76821 , did the new unit work? @Tom_Ring I would try again if you believed the camera/cord issue has been fixed. Please let me know. -

12-02-2024 08:05:19

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User