Ring Security Cameras

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s indoor and outdoor cameras.
R
Motion tone on Shared device not changing
trending
tones-and-alerts
app-settings
ios
motion-settings

my husbands phone will not allow him to change the motion tone. We can pull up the list, select the tone, close the app, go back in and it still shows the tone we selected, but still plays the annoying wind chime tone and says “Motion must be set up. To get motion alerts from this device, ask the device owner to set up motion detection. Motion detection is on and set up on the main profile and everything. App and phone are up to date. I can change the tone on the main device, but not the shared device. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app as well. Nothing has worked and we can’t stand the wind chime sound!

![IMG_9025|230x500]

26-01-2024 05:00:44

Responses (2)

U

Same issue here, must be due to a recent update?

Did you figure it out at all?

28-01-2024 11:31:44

J

Hi neighbors. There are two separate issues here. The concern with the App Alert Tone being stuck on the Wind Chimes tone regardless of picking another tone is related to this thread here. As for the pop-up that appears saying Motion Detection needs to be enabled when trying to change your App Alert Tone, rest assured that our team is investigating and working to resolve this issue as soon as possible. Once I have an update regarding the concern about the pop-up, I will make sure to post it here. Thank you for your time and patience.

29-01-2024 07:31:08

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User