Ring Security Cameras

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s indoor and outdoor cameras.
U

user8605

Accepted Solution
Motion snooze duration not working properly
hardwired-security-cameras
cs-support
notifications
I’m having a problem with motion snooze. I set it for the maximum four hours but after two hours it enables automatically. It won’t go to four hours. I’ve already talked to ring tech troubleshooting twice. The first time they said to uninstall and reinstall the app. but that didn’t work. The second time they said that there was a glitch and would send me an email when this has been corrected. This has been going on for over a month . Anyone else having the same problem? If you fixed it what was your solution? Thanks.

08-04-2022 09:39:27

Responses (10)

C
Accepted Solution

Hi neighbors! If your Motion Snooze feature isn't working properly, try giving these troubleshooting steps a try:

- Ensure your Ring app and phone's OS are fully updated
- If you have access to a different smartphone or tablet, try using the Motion Snooze feature on there to test if the alerts remain snoozed for the appropriate duration.
- If you have multiple Cameras or Doorbells at the same location, Motion Snooze will only apply to one Camera or Doorbell. You would need to use the Global Snooze option to temporarily silence all alerts from all Cameras and Doorbells at that location.

If this concern persists despite these troubleshooting steps, please reach out to our support team at one of the numbers available here. You can also get in touch on Facebook @Ring by sending a private message with a few details about your concern. 

12-04-2022 07:49:10

H
I have a similar problem. I snooze notifications, but it keeps on sending me notices AND that ungodly screech alarm. Setting the snooze doesn’t seem to change anything. No matter how long I snooze the notices, they continue immediately. I check the app and it says they are snoozed. I have 3 cameras and 1 doorbell, and all still send notices even though the app says they are snoozing. The notices I can ignore, but not the screech. I’ve been simply turning my phone to silent mode.

10-04-2022 09:07:10

U
My camera still detects motion and records,but I don’t get the audible announcement. The problem is I set up for four hours snooze but it only works for two hours before I get audible announcements. I don’t even think that Ring tech knows what the problem is.

11-04-2022 09:01:18

U
I have the same problem and when I called into support, they told me to either turn off Motion Alerts or use Device Schedules.......NEITHER of which fixes this problem and in fact, might cause more issues if you forget to turn back on! Support denied this was an issue but clearly this is and I use this feature often so my guess is that the latest release was sent out broken. No solution, how can that be?

22-04-2022 09:00:02

U
Did you guys found how to fix the issue? I did not test that problem, but have a similar issue with the On Duration time. I used routines for how long lights stay on. I changed the settings of On Duration to 10 mins, instead of 1 min (the by default settings). However, several hours after I changed the setting, it reverts to the 1 min default. I use the routine to keep lights out for the dog biobreak and 1 min is too short (hence the 10 mins).

27-04-2022 03:32:55

M
I have the exact issue user8605 does. Doesn’t matter what duration the snooze is set for after about 2 hours the alerts start coming in even though there are hours left in the snooze timer

22-07-2022 11:41:18

R
I concur. I've experienced *two* types of errors.
  • Motion Snooze setting ignored entirely, or
  • Motion Snooze expires early.
Surely if advertised as a feature, it is not unreasonable to expect it to work?

28-07-2022 02:31:29

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User