Ring Security Cameras

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s indoor and outdoor cameras.
S
Lights constantly come on, regardless of app settings
hardwired-security-cameras
light-settings
troubleshooting
Hello. I just installed a new Ring Floodlight Cam. No matter what I do, the lights keep coming off and on when I am outside. I set the camera range,doesn’t matter. I ‘click’ the lights off in the app.. doesn’t matter. I disarm, doesn’t matter. Motion detection is turned off but the lights still kick on. Even when I toggle the lights off, they will kick on. Seems useless. Is my device faulty? Not sure where to go with this.

19-11-2023 01:00:34

Responses (1)

C
Hi @Slinksbadinks. The lights on the Floodlight Cam have a separate range of motion from the Camera itself. The lights will turn on every time motion is detected, assuming it's dark enough. You can turn the [Motion Zones for Lights](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004155866-Controlling-Floodlights-and-Light-Settings-on-Your-Floodlight-Cam) off, but there is likely something in the range that is consistently triggering the motion detection. The lights on the Floodlight Cam use passive infrared (PIR) to detect motion, so reflective surfaces or sources of heat can trigger the motion detection. I'd suggest reviewing the area around your Floodlight Cam for any potential triggers, then adjusting the settings.

20-11-2023 11:37:15

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User