Ring Security Cameras

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s indoor and outdoor cameras.
D
How to reconnect indoor cam to WiFi from a different location
wifi
troubleshooting

I have a ring alarm system and indoor camera set up at a house where my relative passed away. The alarm system is working fine but my camera got disconnected from the WiFi. Anyone know how I can reconnect it without physical being there. The house where it is in another state. Thanks

29-12-2020 07:55:24

Responses (1)

T
Hi @Damonnicosia13. The is no way to remotely reconnect the Indoor Cam. With it being offline, there is no connection and therefore not able to communicate with the network to receive any commands. I hope this information helps!

31-12-2020 04:46:15

F

I have the same issue , my camera suddenly disconnect, however when I go through Ring information they provide how to do it while away but at the end of the explanation they informed to disconnect the camera was wondering how to do it while abroad ( sometime people writing those information should put the customers shoes it would avoid a lot of frustration!)

04-06-2024 09:00:46

C

Hi @Francoisgs. I apologize for any miscommunication, but you must be present with your Ring device to manually reconnect it to wifi. Ring Doorbells and Security Cameras will automatically try to reconnect to wifi after an outage or a disconnect. If your Ring device is unable to automatically reconnect, you'll need to be present to manually walk through the reconnection process

11-06-2024 06:05:28

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User