Ring Security Cameras

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s indoor and outdoor cameras.
U
Floodlight cam slow to react
hardwired-security-cameras
troubleshooting
motion-settings
I have had a floodlight camera for about 18 months. A couple months ago, it was disabled by a guest taking it down. Since then, it is meaningfully less sensitive (even turned all the way up) than it was prior to being removed from the wall. I have reset it in the app, and the WiFi is strong. Any idea why this would happen, or what I can do to fix it? I have checked the zones, etc. Previously, it would turn on for crows in the driveway, now, it sometimes misses cars.

22-11-2023 04:15:38

Responses (1)

C
Hi @user67690. Motion detection concerns are largely resolved by adjusting the settings. This includes the Motion Zones and Motion Sensitivity. We have more information about motion detection [here](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360022461232). The only other thing that could be impacting the motion detection would be how your Floodlight Cam is installed. If it's installed too high or angled downward too much, this would negatively impact motion detection.

22-11-2023 06:42:07

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User