Ring Security Cameras

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s indoor and outdoor cameras.
R
User Solution
Closed
Floodlight Cam missing a lot of events when its dark
hardwired-security-cameras
troubleshooting
motion-settings

My one floodlight cam (2nd gen) is failing to capture a lot of motion events when it is dark out. I haven’t changed my settings. I have the sensitivity set to max and I have a large area when I have it set to capture. This just started happening more recently.

Things like a neighbors car coming down the street with the lights on and it won’t pick up but it will maybe pick up the car after it turns around and has already parked. Other times it doesn’t pick up at all. Cars will be gone and then in the next video minutes or more later, a car will be there and it doesn’t detect that motion nor anyone getting out. I don’t seem to have problems during the day. My signal strength is always in the green and usually between -30 and -35.

There are also times when I will look outside and I see a car and people either getting in or our and when I check the app, no event occured. We aren’t talking 100 feet out. I’m talking maybe 10 - 15 feet out.

I can’t help but wonder what other events I am missing.

14-12-2023 01:40:42

Responses (2)

J
User Solution

Hi @rwheelwright. Making sure your Motion Settings were set correctly was an excellent step to take. I also recommend trying the following steps:

If you have tried these steps and are still having the same concern, give our support team a call for further assistance.

15-12-2023 06:33:13

S

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

14-01-2024 06:33:55

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User