Ring Security Cameras

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s indoor and outdoor cameras.
M
Floodlight Cam has been flickering/strobing for several days
The floodlight cam started to flash/strobe a coup leof weeks ago. I have tried everything from checking wiring, to reseting, to a device health report. Nothing seems to fix it and the light intensity is becoming very weak to the point that I have turned off the light to stop annoying the neighbors. Based on what I found on the web, there is not fix to this as the LED elements are not replaceable. I have seen DIY videos on YouTube where people buy a cheap floodlight and replace the entire optical assemblies, which seems crazy to me. has anyone found a different solution? Is there an option to get a replacement unit and return the one that has failed? Thanks in advance.

29-04-2020 08:27:08

Responses (45)

M
Hi @Mauro! It sounds like you've covered all the right steps for this to work properly. The only variable I would add to check here, is that you do not have a specialty switch or dimmer switch controlling this Floodlight power. Otherwise, our [support team](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360036196372-Get-in-Touch) will certainly be able to assist further with this by phone. :)

30-04-2020 06:04:54

M
Thank you Marley. I checked for switches but the floodlight wiring is connected to the main panel. I will contact support. Thank you.

01-05-2020 12:44:55

D
I am having the same problem wit my floodlight camera light flickering constantly. How did you resolve the problem?

23-05-2020 01:36:39

S
I have the same issue. I was told it was out of warranty and I would be allowed to purchase another one at 35% off. Camera and IR work still. Waste of money for something that should be fixable. They say there lights are good for 10 years.

04-06-2020 04:18:32

J
Having same issue, is there a number to talk to someone?!? These prompts are the worst

06-06-2020 02:53:21

C
Hey neighbors! If you're still having this concern, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available [here](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/213608406). We're taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 [here](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360041597471) to see how to contact support.

08-06-2020 06:37:16

J
This is disheartening. Mine recently started behaving this way and in reading the replies, I'm not hopeful it will be resolved. I find offering 30 to 35 % off a replacement insulting. Customer service leaves a lot to be desired. There are too many competitors for Ring to respond so poorly to what seems to be a common problem. It's bad business. If this can't be fixed, I'll replace it but with another brand.

03-11-2020 12:24:48

L
I totally agree. Such a waste of money.

17-03-2021 05:28:27

R
I’m having the same issue. Flickers like a strobe light. Has anyone been able to fix it? Or should I expect to throw out a $200 piece of equipment?

26-11-2020 02:12:54

RB
I have the same issue, spoke with customer service today, and given I’m out of warranty, there’s nothing to be done. Absolute disappointment, that a piece this expensive is worthless after less than 2 years.

18-12-2020 02:43:04

R
Bought my flood light cam (I would give time line but it’s pointless, what is happening shouldn’t be happening) installed it, it worked fine. Started with lights flickering and now all they do is flash. It sucks coming home at night and not being able to see because I had to turn off the light feature. I did a hard reset and still nothing. Ring tells me my warranty is up. I’ve read and seen a lot of people complain about this. Ring should be replacing these flood light cam for free. I’m definitely not buying a new one. Flood light cam lights flashing

24-12-2020 11:58:03

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User