Ring Security Cameras

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s indoor and outdoor cameras.
S
Dual batteries, left not charging
solar-panel
troubleshooting
battery-security-cameras

I have ring battery cam. Approx 4 years old. Powered on solar with 2 batteries.

Over last few months, one battery keeps running low, whilst the other is XXXX%. Looks like solar is not charging it. The good battery was at 90% and went to XXXX…so i know solar ok.

May be coincidence but i recall a software update…and i think its been happening since then. My battery symbols show sun but never the lightning flash…so they not taking charge.

Any ideas anyone ?.

14-01-2024 01:38:37

Responses (1)

C

Hi @sapbloke. Make sure the Ring Solar Panel is receiving about 4 hours of direct sunlight per day, otherwise it may not be able to provide a trickle charge to the battery quicker than it’s draining. If the sunlight is good, try performing a reboot using the reboot option on the Device Health page.

We have some troubleshooting steps here as well. If this issue persists after trying the troubleshooting suggestions, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. You can also get in touch with our support team on Facebook @Ring.

16-01-2024 07:47:56

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User