Ring Security Cameras

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s indoor and outdoor cameras.
U

user32862

Accepted Solution
Camera works fine but flood lights will not come on
hardwired-security-cameras
light-settings
troubleshooting
cs-support
We installed our floodlight/camera and it worked great for several weeks. However, after that the lights quit working. The camera still works and we get a notification of any movement but no lights anymore. When I look at the lights, I see a glimmer of light on the LED's but that is it.

10-01-2023 06:24:09

Responses (9)

J
Accepted Solution
Hi @Cheema504. If you have rebooted the Camera and the lights are still not turning on, give our [support team](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-gb/articles/213608406#store-opening-hours) a call for further assistance.

21-08-2023 07:48:17

C
Hi @user32862. The lights on your Floodlight Cam should come on with motion detection when it is dark enough outside. First check that the Motion-Activated Lights toggle is on under Device Settings > Light Settings. If that's on but the lights still do not come on with motion at night, try rebooting your Floodlight Cam by tapping Reboot This Device on the Device Health page. This may take a few moments. Test out the Floodlights at night to see if they are coming on with motion correctly.

11-01-2023 05:10:23

U
Thank you, rebooting fixed it for me. Switching motion-activated lights on and off did not.

12-12-2023 06:13:29

C
I’m having the same issue. Have had the flood light camera installed for a few years now without any issue. I rebooted the device and the lights are still not working. Do the lights burn out over time?

20-08-2023 04:30:20

R
I had the the same issue. Kept on hard resetting the floodlight and also rebooted the device in the app. The light toggle would not turn and kept on saying “ the lights failed to turn on, try again.” After many unsuccessful attempts, I had to deactivate my device in the app and set it up again. Ever since it’s been working fine and the led lights turn on and also my dawn to dusk schedule also work. I believe there is an error with the app and not a problem with led lights.

27-10-2023 05:02:05

U
I've had the light replaced twice. Ring sent me another device to replace the second replacement. Can the problem be with the installation? I sent Ring support tech a video of the current placement of the camera and she said it was okay. Don't know why this camera does not turn on lights at night when there is motion. All other features of the camera work.

11-10-2023 06:22:57

J
Hi @user61974. If the lights are not turning on for motion on your Floodlight Cam during the night, try the following steps: - [Reboot your Camera using the Ring app](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/7438395032980-Rebooting-your-Video-Doorbell-or-Security-Camera). - Verify that you have Motion-Activated Lights toggled on in your Cameras Light Settings. Light Settings can be found in your Cameras Device Settings. - You also want to make sure you have your Motion Zones for Lights on. This can be found in your Light Settings as well. If you have tried these steps and are still having the same concern, reach out to our support team to continue investigating this with you.

12-10-2023 08:25:21

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User