Ring Security Cameras

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s indoor and outdoor cameras.
G
Are Spotlight Cam Pro/Plus wired DRILL HOLES same as original model's drill holes?
troubleshooting
security-camera-mount
Hi. I'd like to replace my original Spotlight Cam Wired with either the newer Pro or Plus wired models. Do either of these have the wall mount drill holes in the same position as the original model? i.e. can I re-use the same holes in my wall or do I have to fill the old holes and drill new ones? Thanks in advance.

26-11-2023 03:40:49

Responses (3)

T
Hi @Gary_f. The newer Plus/Pro models will not align with your existing mounting bracket. The holes are just slightly different than the previous version. If you want to use your old bracket, you could take the camera out of the ball joint and place it in the old bracket.

28-11-2023 02:35:56

G
Hi Tom. That's interesting to know. Thank you very much for your reply. Hopefully that won't invalidate the warranty of the new camera? Gary.

29-11-2023 12:57:44

T
Hi @Gary_f. This will not invalidate your warranty.

29-11-2023 04:30:13

S

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

29-12-2023 04:30:32

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User