Ring App

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring app features, settings, and more.
G
Ring Camera Previews Randomly Rearrange Themselves In iOS App
trending
battery-video-doorbell
app-settings
wireless-security-cameras
ios
Since updating my iPhone to iOS 16.5.1 and the Ring app to 5.61.0, my camera previews randomly rearrange themselves in the app while scrolling through my cameras. The cameras used to be organized by device-type & alphabetically. Now they're just randomly shown in the app, and I have to scroll to find the camera I want to use/see every time I use the app, and even then, they will randomly rearrange themselves while using the app.

26-06-2023 08:16:02

Responses (6)

T
I'm having the same problem. I tried a manual reorg, which initially worked but a day later the app randomly reorders all the dashboard cam previews again. Highly frustrating. I have about 20 cams, broken down into multiple floors and previously was easily ordered alpha for quick viewing. Now it is just a random mess. Called Ring support, was told to delete the app and download again. After logging in the the issue still is happening in my iOS iPad. Was told they will send issue to their security team with a follow up in 72 hours. So, we'll see.

30-06-2023 10:03:55

R
Can confirm. My cam previews are rearranging themselves on the iOS and iPad app. This is a big issue because I have them named such that my most important and frequently used cam are at the top.

01-07-2023 03:09:10

U
Have experienced the same. This is driving me nuts. Every time I open the app the previews are in a different order. You can even edit something in one camera, return to the dashboard and they are all re-ordered again! . This seems like it might have originated from an app update as some other configurations have also changed. As someone said previously, I also had my previews in order of importance so this is a real issue for us

02-07-2023 04:56:27

J
Hi neighbors. Thank you for the information you all have provided. Rest assured that our team is investigating and working to resolve the issue as soon as possible. Once we have an update regarding this concern, we will make sure to provide it here. I will be marking this response as a temporary solution so others can easily find this information. Thank you for your time and patience.

04-07-2023 07:52:29

U
Also having this issue; previously app would display doorbell image first, followed by cameras in alphabetical order. I’ve named all my cameras so they display in the order ( and are grouped) as I want. Now they display apparently randomly. Would be nice to have the option to select the order on the preview page independently of alphabetical name.

06-07-2023 02:44:27

T
Hi @user50213. From the Ring app Dashboard, you can press and hold on the camera preview tiles to reorder them. I hope this helps!

10-07-2023 04:32:14

U
It seems that if you go to the Ring app Dashboard, press and hold on the camera preview tiles and move them to the order you want them in (as suggested), then the images stay where you've put them. Well they have so far for me anyway...

16-07-2023 04:47:20

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User