Ring App

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring app features, settings, and more.
B

Babw

Accepted Solution
Red number in upper corner of my ring app on home screen of phone
On my home screen the ring app has a number circled in red in the upper right hand corner. The number keeps getting larger. I have looked at multiple places and can't seem to figure out what it is means. Any ideas?

10-03-2020 10:06:52

Responses (1)

C
Accepted Solution
Hi @Babw. This number is going to be the number of notifications you have for the Ring app. Notifications can be anything ranging from Ring Alarm related activity (if you have this), motion notifications for Doorbell(s) and/or Camera(s), or ring alerts for the Doorbell(s). It's best to either clear any notifications you do not wish to have or have viewed, or to open up your Ring app and review your event history to clear these notifications. Hope this helps clear this up! :)

11-03-2020 08:45:44

B
I have tried deleting some of them but the numbers just keep accumulating.

20-03-2020 07:10:50

R
I have the same problem. Where is the Ring support.

05-08-2020 11:28:36

M
For Android: It looks like you need to hold down finger on ring icon. Press app info Scroll to notification push notifications Scroll down to bottom and turn off app icon badges. Hope this helps.

16-08-2020 12:19:18

U

Same issue for me. The number just keeps growing, regardless of what I do: I've tried deleting videos, reading all items, but nothing will clear that number. 

22-07-2024 08:28:15

C

Make sure the Ring app is fully updated to the latest version available. Additionally, if you've had the app open in the background for a long time, try fully closing the app then reopening it. 

23-07-2024 09:49:06

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User