Ring App

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring app features, settings, and more.
A
Putting Ring app widget onto Mac OS Sonoma desktop
live-view
app-request
I have a Ring widget on my iPhone Home Screen, which is very handy to rapidly access a camera. By the magic of Apple I also have added the widget on my iMac, identifying the same camera ... but when I click on it, it just says "Open Ring on iPhone to continue". So I open the Ring app on my phone ... and then what? I assumed I would see some sort of permission request or something, but that doesn't seem to be it. Can someone please explain how to make it active?

27-11-2023 01:31:44

Responses (4)

C
Hi @avianskipdiver. The [Ring Live View Widget](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/13719720985876-Using-the-Ring-Live-View-Widget) is available for use on your phone or tablet. It is not supported on desktop. You're welcome to add your feedback to our [Feature Request board](https://community.ring.com/c/products/24).

28-11-2023 09:10:09

M
What is the point of the widget being available in Mac OS Sanoma if it can't be used to view or monitor the cameras? :exploding_head:

10-12-2023 11:44:23

S

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

09-01-2024 11:44:42

U

@Caitlyn_Ring Please give the feedback to your product team that this would be a much more useful widget if it worked for desktops. I already have the app on my phone, so the phone widget saves one click. However, having access to the views through my desktop would be a valuable convenience to save pulling out my phone or going to the website when I hear the doorbell ring. Thanks! 

25-06-2024 01:26:56

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

U

user_3c8999

User