Ring App

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring app features, settings, and more.
U

user_3f1e37

Accepted Solution
Disable Motion Alerts While In Home or Disabled Mode
app-settings
app-request

I have some indoor cameras and despite there being Home, Away, and Disabled Modes, I still get alerts/notifications when in Home Mode and Disabled Mode unless I snooze them. There should be some setting under each specific mode that disables alerts/notifications without disabling motion detection. That way I can still have ongoing recording in case something happens inside without being notified every time I simply walk by the camera.

25-06-2024 09:16:28

Responses (2)

C
Accepted Solution

Hi @user_3f1e37. At this time, notifications and alerts cannot be controlled within the Modes settings. We have received this feedback on our Feature Request board in the past. I'd recommend liking that post and adding your feedback there, as the Feature Request board is the best way for us to gather and share suggestions with our teams. 

26-06-2024 09:37:08

U

Thank you! I was not aware of the feature request board and am glad this has been brought up. Hopefully it will be a new feature added soon.

27-06-2024 10:36:02

C

@user_3f1e37 You're welcome! 

28-06-2024 10:38:29

U

We have two indoor cameras installed and I turn off the Motion Alerts toggle for each camera but keep the Motion Detection toggle on. This still records motion but doesn’t send alerts each time motion is detected.

29-06-2024 03:22:55

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

U

user_3c8999

User
Solution

D

Danielhrch

User