Ring App

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring app features, settings, and more.
C
BUG in iOS App: Camera Previews on Dashboard No Longer Update Correctly when Launching App
troubleshooting
ios
So -- I have two Ring cameras (one is a doorbell camera and another is a stick-up camera). It used to be that when I'd launch the Ring app on my iPhone, BOTH of the camera previews on the dashboard screen would update with the current image. NOW, when I do this, only the first camera preview updates. The second camera does not change until I switch to another page (Neighbors, History, etc.) and then switch back. Can someone at Ring please look into reproducing this issue and getting it fixed in a future app release? Thanks.

14-04-2021 05:03:52

Responses (11)

G
I have the same problem - was there an update to the app?

14-04-2021 07:05:58

R
I have same issue between my doorbell cam and flood light cam, sometime the second cam(flood light) but the first won’t update the image and vice versa

14-04-2021 07:12:08

C
I have the same issue - I have two floodlight cams, both with up to date firmware, one camera (backyard) reliably gives an instantaneous preview on the dashboard and updates every minute or so whereas the other camera (front yard) only updates if I momentarily invoke 'live view' for it and go back to the dashboard but even then the front yard preview picture won't update automatically after that.

15-04-2021 11:19:20

B
There are a few similar threads about this. It is 100% an app issue since either the last update or the one before. I think its been going on for at least a few weeks now. Ring for sure will know about this but haven't said anything. I suspect the next app update will fix it.

15-04-2021 03:15:58

K
I have a similar problem. The dashboard image updates only once after 30-40 seconds but then does not update again until you change screens. Previously the dashboard image used to update continuously every 40 seconds or so. Used to work fine before the latest update. After the latest update, yet another RING fail, my ipad device does not now open the live screen automatically when the doorbell is pressed I now have to open it manually which is.

24-04-2021 10:39:05

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User