Ring Alarm

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring Alarm and Ring Alarm Pro.
A
Still No Updated Alarm?
modes
alarm
troubleshooting
Some Feedback for Ring: Still no updated version of this alarm after all this time? It has some shortcomings / dated features: **1. Limted to 2 Zones - seriously vulnerable at night** Rng only offer the followng setting options: Home (Perimeter) and Away (fully Armed). Yet official statistics show 25% ie 1/4 of all burglaries involves entry through a window. That means for anyone with a Ring alam set to Home at night time, 1/4 of all burglar entries will go undetected. That's a serious riisk. LInk to Government Statistics on Method of Entry: https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/nature-of-burglary Many dedicated alarm companies for this reason offer at least 3 zones: Full (Away) Partial (Night Time) Perimeter (Home) The addition of a Partial or Nightime mode enables you set Perimeter sensors alongside the downstairs PIR sensors but excluding upstairs PIR's thereby covering against window entry and offering near 100% protection but still allowing occupants to go to the toilet without disabling the alarm. Ring, really need to produce an updated version of their alarm with this extra (Partial / Night Time) Mode added. **2. Out of date Interface** Whilst Ring continue to offer a white plastic case with buttons, many alarms, even cheap ones on Amazon, have progressed to touch smoked glass touch screens much more in line with modern interiors and living. Isn't it time Ring updated to a black glass touch screen with colour icons and menus? Amazon example (not recommendtion - for visual reference only): Amazon: https://www.amazon.co.uk/SecPanel-Wireless-Anti-fingerprint-Compatible-Assistant/dp/B09P3HRFS8/ref=sr_1_32?crid=129FI7H24FOIS&keywords=house+alarms+security+system&qid=1695730517&sprefix=house+al%2Caps%2C94&sr=8-32&ufe=app_do%3Aamzn1.fos.cc223b57-2b86-485c-a85e-6431c1f06c86

26-09-2023 12:20:52

Responses (2)

J
I am not sure what you are referring to in your first point. While I agree a break-ins can be through a window, if system is set to "home" and a window is opened, the alarm will go off immediately which is what you want it do to so not sure why you think otherwise unless you did not set-up the contact sensors correctly. I just tested this but setting my system to home and then opening a window. Alarm went off immediately. Make sure you have noted with a window sensor that it indeed is marked as a window. Zones is kind of an outdated term that was used mostly with commercial alarm systems or those companies who started in the commercial side before moving to the consumer side. You can get the same capability by just setting the sensors correctly. I also have motion detectors near every window or group of windows so that if they defeat the sensors with some method, coming in the house will set-off the motion sensors. Now for your second point. The Interface. Frankly a glass touch screen would mean added cost. Second, if you have something on your fingers...like lotion, a touch screen may not work when you need it. Third, these keypads work very well and you only need to charge them every 6 to 9 months. With a touch screen, you will have to run cords or charge it every day or so. I think Ring did this correct with a standard attractive keypad.

26-09-2023 05:35:52

C
Hey neighbors, thank you for sharing your feedback and engaging in a civil discussion about the different features and settings available with the Ring Alarm system. Our teams are always working on improving the Ring system and app, so we appreciate all the feedback we receive. While the Ring Alarm system has a good amount of customization available, it's understandable that it still may not be the right fit for you depending on your home security needs. Thank you again for sharing!

03-10-2023 06:09:14

A
Thanks for the reply Caitlan. I hope Ring will consider adding a night zone and also updating the keypad to something with more upmarket decor. They've done the latter with many of their doorbells, but it seems the alarm has slipped a little behind on aethetics. A quick and rapid update would be a great response and show a company that listens to it's customer base. :+1:

07-10-2023 06:58:33

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User